Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm sorta getting the hang of teaching

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was amazingly and spectacularly depressing! It all started while we spent 3 hours at the DMV while my companion renewed his license. The rest of the week just went downhill from there. On the bright side we got to stop at In-n-Out on the way back and I got a good old double double. Elder Swanson couldnt admit that it was better than any Idaho burger. But as far as the work goes, GAH! Everybody cancelled their appointments on us and everybody dropped their baptisimal dates. Totally not cool. We still have a million golden potential investigators, but all of them are sick/out of town/dont want to talk to us yet. This week we've resolved to focus on obedience, and prayer to keep our work up.

I'm sorta getting the hang of teaching. We went on exchanges this week and I got to go with Elder Garcia in his area. He came out I think in December, so about 3 months after I did. He's from Mexico and he's still learning his english. I think the funniest thing that came out of his mouth was 'Elder, you are sweating like a pork'. He's also an engineer like MEEE!! that was cool. He's almost graduated from some school in mexico but he decided to go on a mission before he finished. It gave us some conversasion to talk about. I learned a lot from him though, Because he's learning english he's always looking for ways to improve his language and teaching, which showed me how much improvement he looked for in everything.

It's also super warm here in Utah right now. It's been in the 30s-40s all week. Nothin else new!

Happy Valentines DAY!!
Elder Wright

No comments: