Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This transfer is going to be FUN!

Hey everyone!
We had a pretty awesome week. We were teaching Jacoby Baker, and he was baptized on saturday. His family was totally digging deep into the gospel and into the scriptures. Jacoby just one day got up in sacrament meeting, and bore his testimony and told everyone that he wants to get baptized. 3 weeks later, he was entering the water. Their family will be so blessed and they are on track and working towards the temple.
As for transfers, I am no longer zone leader. I am DISTRICT LEADER again!!! I'm also TRAINING again!!! I'm in the same area, and my new missionary companion is Elder Cartwright. He is from Piqua, Ohio. He's pretty quiet, but I think he's just a little shellshocked. He came out of the MTC this morning and we were put together at around noon. We've been together for a whle 2 hours now. My son. In my district, there are two of my previous companions, elder neilson, and elder huber. This transfer is going to be FUN! We're going to work hard too, dont worry too much.
This week we had an awesome lesson with Sarah Schiermeyer and her fiance, Dallin Larkin. We watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. It was a good reminder for me of the sacrifice that the prophet made for the Gospel to brought back to the earth. It inspired me to continue to make sacrifice in my own life, to give back to the Lord. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.
Love you all,
Elder Wright

No comments: