Monday, September 6, 2010

I managed to crash into a light pole on my bike

Hey everyone,

I dont have a whole lot of time but i'll do my best. We had a pretty slow week. Things seem to be tapering off like crazy, maybe with school or something, but we're trying to keep the pace going. I managed to crash into a light pole on my bike. I'm surprised I came out of it with no broken bones, but I got pretty bruised up. I was trying to go crash free on my mission but it was unavoidable. The rest of the week was contacting and going by leadership in all of our wards. We taught a few lessons but our focus has switched to finding at the moment. A lot of the people that we are teaching have been taught for a long time and haven't been making many steps forward. We have a couple baptisms scheduled later this month, we're just praying hard that they will stick with it. A lot of this week has taught me how much this work depends on the Lord and our faith in Him. We are simply his instruments, and we need to be be ready for when we are needed most. It has been really tough lately in this area, with new companions, and a new district, but if I work hard the blessings will come in time. It is yet another test of patience and diligence.

I know this work is the work of the Lord. I embrace every moment of it. To share this gospel can bring the greatest joy to anyone just as it has to me, The gospel of Christ is the truth. 2 Nephi 25:26

Love,

Elder Wright

No comments: