Thursday, August 27, 2009

Snail Mail Rec'd 8/31-My Hair is Not Legit

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty much the same. I'm getting sick, and I lost my voice. I'm just going to have to deal with it and hopefully I'll be over it by the time I leave. Our visas didn't come through, so we are being temporarily reassigned to the Salt Lake South Mission. We leave Monday the 31st. I'm taking it better than most of the district. We're all disappointed, but some of them are angry. We had malaria training and learned how to take our pills when we get there and how to protect ourselves from mosquitoes. Elder Scott spoke at the devotional on Tuesday and shared with us some of his thoughts about how to be a missionary.

Good luck dieting. You should try the MTC Diet. Some of the district is trying to gain weight because they know they need something to lose when they get to India. I gained a single pound during my two week stay so far. I don't think I'll get very far, but I'm trying to build muscle. I play volleyball at gym mostly. There are some good kids occasionally.

We got lessons 1 & 2 down and we're supposed to learn 3 tomorrow and 4 & 5 in the field. We're coming along but it's still difficult to ask questions that investigators can think about.

I'll send an address home as soon as I find out where the mission home is.

Love, (Elder) Rudy (Wright)
P.S. I had to take the bracelets that Ricey made me off.
P.S.S. My hair is not legit so I have to find a new hair style. I get my hair cut tomorrow.

No comments: